Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Warning: May contain spoilers
Image result for ferris bueller's day off
Director(s): John Hughes 

Producer(s): John Hughes, Tom Jacobson

My Review About this Movie: This was a strange movie. My sister had watched this movie before twice in school, she said, but she didn't finish it or get the movie. It was better than I expected it to be because my sister said it wasn't very good. The saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover" is not very true (concerning books or movies) to me because I judge books and movies all the time and it turns out that they're actually bad when it has a bad cover and good when it has a good cover (in my point of view). I know that the saying also goes with people and I know that everyone is special and beautiful in their own way. Now, why am I talking about this? Isn't this supposed to be a review on a movie?

This movie is basically about a boy named Ferris Bueller and how he pretended to be sick for the ninth (or tenth?) time of the school year and hung out with his other friends, (one that was actually sick and his girlfriend). That means he has been absent nine times at school. His school principal Mr. Rooney, I think that was his name, was trying to prove that Ferris actually wasn't sick. 

Ferris was kind of annoying and he wasn't my favorite character. He pretended to be sick and stay home from school. He also warmed up to his parents when he was sick to make everything look so realistic. 

Sloane (I think that's how you spell her name) was Ferris' girlfriend and she was also kind of annoying as well. She was always with Ferris and him and Sloane thought everything was okay. For example, they took Cameron's (Ferris' other friend he brought along) dad's, Ferrari. The dad knew the exact mileage on the car because he never drove it, and when they took the car, it just wasn't right.

Cameron never really stood up for himself because he let Ferris take the car and I don't think he really wanted him to. At the end, though, he is the one who ruins the car (sorry for the spoilers) and he is okay with it because he doesn't really care if his dad pushes him around or gets angry with him. He's really just, like, done with him.

Jeanie was Ferris' sister. She was mad at Ferris because I think she knew that he was faking his sicknesses all the time and that he got to stay home while she had to go to school. But at the end, she turns out to be nice to her brother because she saves him from getting held back. 

I think either Jeanie or Cameron were my favorite characters.

Rating: 7.5 or 8/10

MPAA Rating: PG-13, PG

Image Source: Wikipedia

 

Comments